Thursday, November 11, 2010

Smores and Wars .


It's been another interesting week for me and thanks to the violation of a fire code of some sort I have to move out by the end of the month.

As usual I'm going to make this blog about me , but obviously it’s also about all the people that have fought for my ability to write and live anyway I choose . So thank you veterans for helping me continue to enjoy these things.

So anyway onto how things got the way they are. I think it's pretty obvious I don't get along with one of my roommates (Specifically the one I insinuated might be a murderer) and I know it's my landlady’s fault for not following all the codes (makes sense) but having to move again really really is not my cup of tea. I did not exactly sign off on being a nomad moving from place to place, I can’t wait to get a job again and gain a little stability.

Enough of me being sombre . I'm still looking for work and I’m starting to branch out into EVERYTHING , because I might as well have fun while trying to get my career in order. Obviously I need it because my life has been a little insane lately and I might as well amass amusing experiences to write about so I can get better at them.

I am qualified for ALL OF THEM.

MUHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Anyway, I have had two employment related interviews in the last week so I seriously hope I hear from their place soon. Ether of these opportunities would help prepare me for the future (yes that includes Best Buy). I think I’ll just go with the flow for now as all I really want is a job that would make me happy. That will take some time.

However, considering my career path still feels like it’s on a very advertising trajectory I'd love to end up at OMD. OMD has an excellent reputation as a media agency and I think I’d make quite the planner ( as a media planning assistant I would not be calling all the shots and I would be doing quite a bit of learning but does any recent grad call the shots ? no ).

If my blogs recently tell you I’m unsure as to what I want to be it’s because I am. I have so many things floating around in my head I just need to get out and they are for the most part creative endeavours, it’s weird that I never desired to be in creative but I think that’s where I fit. Tragic really , Since I Don't have a portfolio and just want a respectable office job .Oh well, if it takes getting out of school and a little bit of living to fully realize where I want to be so be it. Other things im passionate about are digital and social media marketing but heck thats going to take some time to mature and really become a respected category of course most of the agencies know this by now and just consider it a cog in a cohesive machine instead of pointing to some guy and saying "he handles digital" which does not amount to much of a strategy at all.


Listening To: Blind Pilot (the whole album is amazing start to finish)

No comments:

Post a Comment